Sometimes life is easier when broken down into parts, so before we start, here is our 10 quick tips to finding and keeping motivation:
- Understand WHY you are doing something. Sometimes it’s not so much the WHAT or the HOW that matters, but your WHY–the purpose behind what you’re doing. Clear WHYs can give you the stimulus to stay on course.
- Setting up a goal is the first step in doing something. If you don’t know what your goal is, then you won’t know what to do.
- You need a vision of what you want. If you want to succeed, this is important. You need a clear vision that can touch your heart. Create the highest grandest vision of what you want to achieve because this is what you are able to do.
- A goal without a plan is just a dream. You need to make a plan for how you are going to get your goal done.
- To stay motivated, think about the bigger picture. Think about how this will impact other people and where it will make a difference. Think of these things when you have to do something hard and you might be able to get it done.
- You can control how you think, feel, and act. If you think positive thoughts, then you will do positive things. You can tell yourself that yes I am going to be successful.
- It can be hard to get started with a task. Try to do a different way, like drawing or coloring it. That might help you and make you feel better.
- Break your goal into smaller tasks that you can do. This will help you succeed.
- It is best to have an uncluttered workspace, because it will make your mind more calm and organized. This will give you a better chance of being more efficient and productive.
- If you are not starting something, then stop making excuses. Find out why you are delaying. Then start doing it!
Staying motivated and focused in life can be tough.
It is a constant challenge to maintain the motivation for success, even when it feels like you’re going nowhere. Remaining flexible and being open to new ways of doing things will assist in your journey.
Let’s talk about some ways you can stay motivated and focused in your life so that you can succeed in every area.
You know what your why is, right?
The thing you’re working towards. It might not be easy to get there and it’s definitely a process but by staying grounded in the meaning behind that goal or purpose will keep you on course long enough for success to find its way into your life. Recognizing what makes you feel fulfilled will be a stimulus to stay on course.
The most powerful way we impact a successful mindset is through our thoughts which lead into how we act upon those thoughts.
This can be as simple as taking care of yourself by getting enough sleep or eating well-balanced meals every day, but it may also mean tackling difficult tasks head on rather than avoiding them at any cost.
By changing your attitude towards life and work, the entire outlook of your life changes as well.
Meditative practices are a great way to rejuvenate your focus.
A quiet, still mind is a powerful thing. It allows you to recognize your thoughts and feelings for what they are–nothing more than fleeting sensations that can be changed at will simply by deciding on an alternative course of action.
The benefits of mindfulness include increased productivity as well as control over our emotional state so we don’t let the things around us dictate how happy or sad we feel each day.
Visualization is a powerful technique that can help you to focus, stay motivated and achieve your goals.
By creating a mental picture of yourself successfully completing the task at hand even after all odds are against you, it becomes easier for us to push on through our day-to-day tasks with more vigor.
Remember motivation starts within; find this feeling deep down inside ourselves and make use of it in order for things not only to get done but also completed well.
What is motivation scientifically?
Motivation is a psychological force that enables action and has long been the object of scientific inquiry (Carver & Scheier, 1998). The study of motivation is a behavioral science that concerns those internal processes that give behavior its energy, direction, and persistence. Motivation can be defined as “the set of factors responsible for initiating or directing an organism’s behavior towards certain endpoints” (Dictionary.com).
The two main types of motivation are extrinsic and intrinsic. Extrinsic motivation comes from outside influences such as rewards while intrinsic motivations come from inside sources like personal enjoyment.
It is important to note that these two categories are not mutually exclusive; they often work together in order for individuals to achieve their goals effectively.